I am a lifelong learner and thus a chameleon of sorts.
My current job title is attorney and owner of Kubik Legal. This is an Illinois law firm that uses technology to help legal clients achieve their goals in a less expensive way.
Why? Because hiring lawyers is expensive. And many lawyers work in an old-fashioned way which costs their clients a lot of money.
I’ve been a legal client so I’ve been on the receiving end of getting a legal bill. It’s shocking.
I’ve also worked for and with other attorneys who do not like to use technology. Why they don’t use it? I don’t know. Maybe it’s to pad their billable hours. That’s what I call bloat and it costs legal clients more money.
Maybe they are reluctant to change with the times. That’s just crusty and it costs legal clients more money.
Now I’m attorney and have my own firm. Given my background in technology and teaching, I can help clients go through the legal system in a way that other attorneys cannot.
I have a
- PhD from Purdue University in Technology with a minor in Gerontology
- JD from Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- MBA from the University of Miami in Marketing and Management
- BA from the University of Notre Dame in Graphic Design, with a concentration in Marketing
I have published and been cited in the areas of:
- the Law: the Michigan Bar Journal, the ABA’s Law Technology Today, the ABA’s Law Practice Today, the Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association’s The Coffee House, the ABA TECHSHOW Blog
- Healthcare: Compliance Today, Diagnostic Imaging, Psychiatric Times, Physicians Practice, Rheumatology Network
- Telemedicine: Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare
- Disability Research: Journal of Intellectual Disability Research
- Design: Intercom
- Academia: Inside Higher Ed
- Interdisciplinary topics: Gerontechnology
Reach out to me and see how I can help you.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The firm’s site of KubikLegal.com is constantly evolving so check back often to see how I have added to.
Tweet to me @sarakubik
See my online resume at LinkedIn