I am a lifelong learner and thus a chameleon of sorts.
I am currently a licensed attorney and owner of Kubik Legal. I focus mainly on family law, trademarks, and copyright. I didn’t expect to become a lawyer, but life throws you some lemons. I had lots of lemons when I became a mother so I made lemonade by going to law school.
Before that, I was an academic and mainly taught communication and design to undergraduates. My research was on older adults and their uses of technology.
I have kept abreast of technological uses and changes and that has led me to my latest career path: data analytics and data science. I recently updated my skillset to include R, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI and Python, and have applied this to what I already know about statistical analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
In plain language: I like to find and look at data to see what trends come from it and talk to others about how these findings can be used.
I have a
- PhD from Purdue University in Technology with a minor in Gerontology
- JD from Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- MBA from the University of Miami in Marketing and Management
- BA from the University of Notre Dame in Graphic Design, with a concentration in Marketing
I have published and been cited in the areas of:
- the Law: the Michigan Bar Journal, the ABA’s Law Technology Today, the ABA’s Law Practice Today, the Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association’s The Coffee House, the ABA TECHSHOW Blog
- Healthcare: Compliance Today, Diagnostic Imaging, Psychiatric Times, Physicians Practice, Rheumatology Network
- Telemedicine: Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare
- Disability Research: Journal of Intellectual Disability Research
- Design: Intercom
- Academia: Inside Higher Ed
- Interdisciplinary topics: Gerontechnology
I’m open to new positions within companies that have a need for an expert-level data analyst or data scientist. Please contact me anywhere below to connect.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My Github page is here: https://github.com/sarakubik
My Tableau data vizzes and dashboards are here: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/sara.kubik
Tweet to me @sarakubik
See my online resume at LinkedIn
My law firm’s site of KubikLegal.com is constantly evolving so check back often to see how I have added to. To schedule a free 15 minute consultation, email email@example.com.
Finally, I’m running for town council of Winfield, Indiana. I explain the important issues of my platform here.